With the recent spate of disasters around the world, it’s more evident than ever before that it’s important to be prepared for the worst. While weather prediction models have improved, there’s no way to know how long you and your city will be without power. That’s where freeze dried food come into play. Not only will you be able to weather the storm, having these on hand also give you more time to prepare for an upcoming storm since you won’t have to spend precious time buying essentials at grocery stores.
Wise Freeze Dried Food (Meats)
Wise is among the leaders in the freeze dried food market and for good reason. This bucket in particular provides 60 servings of meat based meals along with 20 servings of white rice. Just add some boiling water to the pouches and let the food rehydrate. Unlike other emergency foods, these actually taste quite good and have a more subtle seasoning to them. If you want more flavor, you can always add in your own spices. Of course, it’s still quite palatable even without added flavor.
The food comes in easy to stack containers, making it easy to store and carry out if you end up leaving your home. Sadly, Wise does not offers smaller packages of their food, but it’s unlikely you’ll run out of food anytime in the near future. With that said, if you wan to keep your container stocked, you can find other companies who offer packets of 6 emergency pouches. After all, there’s nothing worse than reaching for a bag of food during an emergency only to realize your container is empty.
You don’t have to save these pouches just for emergencies. Their small size make them a perfect option for camping or hiking trips. Just make sure you have a way to boil water, otherwise these pouches won’t do you much good.
Emergency Food Storage Details:
- Food is safely sealed in Mylar pouches
- 15 year shelf life
- To avoid waste, each pouch conveniently contains 4 servings
- Lock-in stacking buckets for compact and secure storage without the need of shelving
- Grab-and-go handles for easy transport in an emergency
What’s included in this kit?
- 2 pouches of Stroganoff Beef (8 total servings)
- 3 pouches of Roasted Chicken (12 total servings)
- 2 pouches of Cheesy Beef (8 total servings)
- 3 pouches of Roasted Beef (12 total servings)
- 2 pouches of Teriyaki Chicken (8 total servings)
- 3 pouches of Southwest style Chicken (12 total servings)
- 2 pouches of Rice (20 total servings)